These baked prawns are especially perfect when celebrating with friends and paired with just the right bubbles.
The Tale of the Zinfandel
- 2 Ibs large green prawns (with tail on)
- 1/2 cup butter Freshly ground pepper
- Sea salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 12 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup parsley, finely chopped
- lemon slices to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Remove prawns from the fridge, cover baking tray with baking paper and lay prawns out on the tray so that they are evenly spaced
- Soften butter in a bowl, adding freshly ground pepper and sea salt.
- Combine until you have a paste like consistency.
- In a small saucepan, heat the butter and oil over a medium heat.
- Once bubbling, add garlic and lemon zest. Cook for 1 minute.
- Pour garlic butter evenly over the prawns
- Bake for 10 – 15minutes
- Plate on a large platter, and garnish with parsley and lemon slices