Served with Caramelized Onion Jam and Perfect to Pair With One of Our Big Bold Cabernet.
Herb & Mustard Lamb
- 2 racks of lamb (2Ibs each), excess fat trimmed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped rosemary
- 2 teaspoons chopped thyme
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Caramelized Onion Jam to serve
- Preheat a bbq or preheat a grill pan.
- Season the lamb with salt and pepper.
- Spread the meaty sides of the racks with the mustard and then rub the oil, parsley, rosemary and thyme onto the meat.
- Sear the racks of lamb over high heat, or directly over the coals, meaty side down, until they are nicely browned, about 6 minutes.
- Turn the racks and grill until the meaty sides are nicely browned on the bottom about 3 minutes.
- Turn the racks bone side down and lower the heat to moderately low, or move the racks to the cooler side of the grill.
- Cover the bbq and continue cooking until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center of the meat registers 260° – 350°F for medium-rare meat, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer the racks of lamb to a carving board and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Using a sharp slicing knife, carve the racks of lamb into chops and serve with the Caramelized Onion Jam